Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

On 06:59 الجمعة 04 يناير 2002, you wrote:
> about the numbers , if you type an arabic letter and type a number after it
> , it will Hendi number (Which we want it to be) but if you type an english
> letter and a number after it , it will be an arabic letter (Which we don't
> need)
> so it's up to the user , the numbers are the same
Are you sure?  That seems to be something that the application will decide,
but there is the so called "digits" layouts that use the Hindi numerals.  So,
at the moment, we really should fix those numbers (I'm not sure what the
codes are for them though, but I will try to find out).  And when
applications start changing the numbers based on context, users should just
switch to the "basic" layout and let the applications deal with them.

Hesham Hassan