Akka-1.0 debian package

Salam,

Okay, I spent the last 40 minutes or so learning about debian
packaging.. it's always nice to have documentation which refers
you to non-existent docs ;)

In any case, I am pretty close to putting the package together. As a matter of
fact, all that's left is:

$ depkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

and it's done. But, here is the problem:

chonfigure overwrites the Makefile, and so the changes that I made to the
Makefile (adding an 'install:', among other things to keep Debian happy) are
all gone once chonfigure runs.

And since I don't want to even touch 'chonfigure' just now.. specially after
spending this much time on debian packaging policies and rules.. I leave it up
to you, Chahine. Where do I go from here?

Would you rather I send you the entire tarball w/ all the changes so you can
tinker with it, or is it something simple that I'm missing?

later