Re: BIDI tags Unicode values

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:55:07PM +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> Hi all,
> i found that the unicode values for the arabic letters is
> Arabic Unicode characters are:
>
> 0x060c
> 0x061b
> 0x061f
> 0x0621 to 0x063a
> 0x0641 to 0x0655
> 0x0661 to 0x06ed
> 0x06f1 to 0x06fe
> But i didn't find the BIDI tags "LTR, RTL, ....."
> any one knows the possible values for it ?
> or can give me a URL to look at ?
> i need this to complete the HTML Numerical reference saving functions in Katoob

Salam,

If you are referring to the Bidi ordering codes, then they are:

| Code   | Name | Full Name                  |
| U+200E | LRM  | Left-to-right mark         |
| U+200F | RLM  | Right-to-left mark         |
| U+202A | LRE  | Left-to-right embedding    |
| U+202B | RLE  | Right-to-left embedding    |
| U+202C | PDF  | Pop directional formatting |
| U+202D | RLO  | Left-to-right override     |
| U+202E | LRO  | Right-to-left override     |

You might probably want to refer to the Unicode Standard, especially
chapters 8, 13 and 3. I hope that helps.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir