Hijri addition task

With the recent post on 'general' and 'doc' regarding some work
that is taking place to introduce Hijri dates to KDE (read
thread noted on 'doc' mailing-list),

  http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/2002/August/msg00006.html

I did a tiny search and came across this seemingly unrelated link,

  http://realize.be/swentel/module.php?boxcontent=5

The application noted 'Extcalendar' already has Arabic localization,
but no Hijri dates which got me to thinking - why not add it :-)
So for those that keep saying "I really want to help but all the
issues and problems are TOO complicated for me (bidi/shaping/etc)"
here's something you can chew on :-)  This is a rather bounded and
semi-simplistic thing to get into (its in PHP).  Inform "sweaty" :-)
of your intentions to add Hijri support and get going (CC 'developer'
of course).

For help on how to do the date conversations to Hijri, ask questions
(Amin is a great resource having just completed such a task) as well
as do some background research and check out,

  http://www.linux.org.sa/projects/hconv

It should really be a very doable thing that ought to take no more
than 3-4 days to fully complete.

A simple motivational push ;-)

Any takers (this is as simple as it will ever get !!) ?