Re: help, new akka release coming - 0.1a

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:00:14AM +0200, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:

> 3) In case of failure, please rerun chonfigure with the --verbose option

Ah.. first case of failure ;)

------------------------->snip<-----------------------------------
[elzubeir at arabeyes:~/tmp/akka]$ ./chonfigure
Bareword "our" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at ./chonfigure line 38.
Bareword "cache" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at ./chonfigure line
38.Operator or semicolon missing before %cache at ./chonfigure line 38.
Ambiguous use of % resolved as operator % at ./chonfigure line 38.
Bareword "our" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at ./chonfigure line 50.
Array found where operator expected at ./chonfigure line 50, at end of line
	(Do you need to predeclare our?)
syntax error at ./chonfigure line 50, near "our @SRC_DIRS "
Global symbol "@SRC_DIRS" requires explicit package name at ./chonfigure line
50.
Global symbol "%cache" requires explicit package name at ./chonfigure line 126.
Execution of ./chonfigure aborted due to compilation errors.
[elzubeir at arabeyes:~/tmp/akka]$
------------------------------>snipit<------------------------------

I don't know much about perl, but I know that 'our' is to declare something
global for the rest of the scope (either throughout a file, block, etc.). In
this case, it should be through-out the entire file 'chonfigure'. I don't know
why it's choking on this.

This was on arabeyes.org btw, (Debian Linux)
Perl 5.005_03

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |