Re: Move status

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> 0. Need to finish the installation of
> 	- webalizer
> 	- logrotate

I believe both are done (s/webalizer/awstats/).

> 1. test all servers for proper functionality.
> 	- test mailman/mhonarc/spamassassin
> 	- test postfix
> 	- test bugzilla
> 	- test apache
> 	- test qamoose
> 	- test cvs
> 	- test dictd
> 	- test cron (make sure all crons are error free)
> 	- wiki (moin moin)
> 	- viewcvs
> 	- swish-e
>
> 2. Need to move the data from razi to sina  ( this step might require we
> shut down razi for a few hours to finish the move and not miss a thing)
> . This should be announced if we plan to stop razi for any period of time.
>
> 3. Need to test things quickly to make sure the data was properly ported
>
> 4. Need to officially move the DNS records
>
> 5. Need to do post move clean up
>
> 6. need to document the process and its pitfalls
>
> after a period of operation , we need to take razi out of the picture.
>
> Here is what i suggest: by tomorrow i would have fixed logrotate and
> webalizer.
>
> tomorrow evening (9:00 PST | GMT XX:XX) we do all the steps in one
> sitting... this way we can fix things immediatly then go live.
>
> Please let me know what is the best way to move ?

I'm all for it - we need the other 2 missing musketeers to be there so
we can all reeve our engines and get it done (you guys can do all the
testing :-).  Give us a day/time (I'll try to be online PST night times
during the weekend although I'm dead tired).

BTW: great job anmar !!

Salam