Re: Final push/details (arabbix) ?

Salam,

From: Nadim Shaikli
Subject: Final push/details (arabbix) ?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:43:08 -0700

1. We are getting MASSIVE amounts of spam on the 'admin' page from
   other sites saying our email was bounced.  Why are people able
   to send in our name (like that spam that got through into the
   admin list).  Is there a file that needs to be updated that
   says no one can spoof me or something ?  'Admin' is a relatively
   new list and so I'm thinking I missed in updating a file somewhere.

I think you can't avoid that. Anyone can send spam with any email (even with your yahoo address !), using PERL(*) for example :-) If it bounces it goes back, not to the spammer, but to the 'hacked' email...

Youcef.

(*) That can be PYTHON, PHP, ....

MSN Messenger 6 http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : plus de personnalisation, plus de fun pour vous et vos amis…