Re: [Fwd: Server]

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:02:10AM -0800, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> So I had a talk with John at Binary Environments regarding the co
> location of our SINA server. He told me that signing the document will
> not be possible due to tax implications. He assured me that the box is
> safe and labelled just in case they go belly up or something like that.
>
> I asked him then to send us an email showing clearly that a box (server)
> is co located so if he ever got fired, we would be able to retrieve the
> box regardless of who is in charge.
>
> what do you think. I hope this email is enough to put our mind at ease ?

Salam Anmar,

Well, it is better than nothing -- but it is not what I would rather
have. Then again, beggars can't be chosers, eh ;)

I have a few concerns:

1. How valid is Mr. John's email to us? i.e. should he change jobs,
change heart, how does his email help us?

2. Bandwidth (big one) -- what does it mean? Don't use too much can mean
different things to different people. I would like to be able to put
some items for download.. if we can get a 'range' of what is acceptable
it would be easier for us to gage ourselves accordingly. Otherwise I am
not in favor of leaving things like that in the air.

3. 30-day notice is a bit short. If it could be a 60-90 day notice it
would be a lot more feasible. But I realize it could be a little more
difficult to get more out of it as is.

In all cases, time to set the timetable for the move!

Regards