Re: SF.net

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Salam,
>
> >From: (Mohammed Elzubeir)
> >Subject: Re: SF.net
> >Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:22:30 -0700
> >
> > > mirror_press/
> >
> >Where are oyou going to keep this stuff then?
>
> In fact, that directory contains only 'click.utf8' file... what's that
> file ?

I don't know what that file is, but I do know that all the 'In the Press'
articles that are NOT local to us (and that are not on sf.net) should be
web captured and stored locally.  For completeness, this is what I mean.

Go to this page,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/about.php

go to the 'In the Press' section.  If the URL title of any article points to
anything other than arabeyes (or our SF mirror) then we need to grab those
pages and make them local to us (we need their HTML and not just the text
since it would look weird just to have the text - doesn't Lynx offer this
option or something?).  Fear here is that those other sites might retire
the pages we are linking to which would mean we lose access to those
valuable articles - in short, we need local copies.  We can continue to
point to those external links for credibility reasons, but we need local
copies just in case the worst does come true.