Re: Draft proposal

On Saturday 16 March 2002 11:48 pm, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> That's fine, but I will simply say this, all the points Chahine made, I am
> fully backing. With one exception, the issue of volunteers. Other than the
> fact that this is a charter, and not a manifesto or an overview (and
> this version for some reason spends some time on defining Arabeyes as
> opposed to the way Arabeyes functions).. I would suggest one of the two,
> either:
> 1. Omit all parts defining Arabeyes project (and stick w/ defining how
> Arabeyes functions, not what it is).

Well the reason that those was added because there is no legal document that
defines What is Arabeyes .. and what is the Aims, and Goals .. so that it
will be the FIRST approved difnition and listing of aims and goals in Arabic.
Antoher thing is that I refered to a legal constitution ion another
organization ( I couldn't write this document in this format our of my brain)
and it seems that the first few articles in EVERY legal docuemnt that serve
as a constitution of an organization are there for the definition perposes,
so that it is known that ALL the rest of the document is AIMed to serving
those goals and definition .. I feel strongly about having them there..

> 2. If it is ABSOLUTELY important to put in 'volunteers' only type of
> thing, then you must note that it is Arabeyes, as a project, entity,
> whatever, that does not pay/compensate volunteers for their work. A
> given company may very well pay their develoeprs to participate in
> Arabeyes projects.

I did not get this point at all :-) are you talking ( commenting) about an
existing article ? or something that you see missing ?

> The same goes for me, I feel that we have exhausted the subject well
> beyond my capacity. Let's get it done with.

I am finalizing it now will commit in the next 2 hours .. as proposed .. if
you FEEL like giving YES for the whole document that will MEAN that you
approve ALL articles .. if now, PLEASE vote per article, or point out the
articles that have a vote other than YES ( that is if Yes is the most common
:-) )

I am very much for getting over this and move on
PS: I do NOT vote a YES for all the articles, I will send my VOTE upn post
PPS: I guess that it is obvious that the majority will rule, and ther is no
parting vote for this particular decision..

f--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi
Amman - Jordan