Re: Gnome doing Unicode

On Saturday 05 January 2002 22:10, you wrote:
> --- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:
> > Salam
> > Please have a look at :
> >
> > http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/images/alex-i18n.png
> >
> > it tells that Gnome can do Unicode .. too bad that they didn't scroll the
> > page a little up to show us the Arabic text :-(
>
> So you know for a fact that it does Arabic and it does it correctly
> (Bidi, shaping, etc) ?

No I do not .. They say that there is Arabic support, never saw it with my
own eyes .. and they say they have BIDI .. if I understand hebrew I would
known if it is right when I look to the picture ..
I believe that they have BIDI .. but I do not know about the shaping ..
as soon as we start working on Gnome we could ask any of the developers to do
a snapshot for opening an Arabic file that have bidi and complex letter to
see how it does handle them ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi