Re: QaMoose 1.2 - testing..

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at fakkir dot net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:44:16PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> >

> From what I understood from you, it parses through a PO file format and
> grabs terms out of it. But, on the page you seem to have a different
> format from that.. ?

No - that was noted as a possibility -- ie. in the future we could create
another script that would go through all the .PO files and extract all the
entries/terms upon which time someone could review them visually and then
upload that resultant file into QaMoose.  Again, this has nothing to do with
QaMoose 1.2, its a by-product of having the upload feature (I was thinking
out loud :-)

> is it like
>
> kill {

actuall your 'kill' must be 'new_term'

> english=kill
> arabic=qatal
> latin=katal
> description=to cause one's demise
> }

Interesting that you should use THAT word for your example :-)
Man, you are stressed :-)

> ? where do the PO's come to play? I guess I'm confused.

They don't -- again, its possible to do what's described external to all of
this.  The idea is (and was) that someone (like Isam :-) who is on a modem
(slow) and pays $$ per minute doesn't (and shouldn't) waste time and money
entering pre-approved terms (as an admin).  The upload feature gives the
admin the ability to upload all the terms he/she pleases straight into the
database (after some checks and balances of course).