Re: Website revamp

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 07:26:33PM +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
> Salam,
> I'm interested in porting the site to drupal, I think it's a good opportunity
> to review the features that are unused/unconvenient to improve them or not to
> port them. So I would like to have your opinions about this.
> from ArabeyesTodo :
> >  Website revamp
> >
> > The website (arabeyes.org) needs to be ported to Drupal and integrated with
> > other services including:
> >
> >     * New theme
> I'm not good at this, but I think it would be good to make the theme use
> arabeyes fonts.
> >     * Proper bidi support
> >     * Project management pages
> Should we use the project management pages like those of drupal (eventually
> extending them) or make our own?
> example: http://drupal.org/project/project
> and should we use the project_issue for bugs or keep the actual bug tracking
> system?
> >     * Proper RSS feeds
> >     * Translation statistics (the current implementation is buggy and
> > inaccurate), include ability to:
> >           o Download files
> >           o Assign files (or 'take them') through multiple phases, e.g
> > translation, QA1, QA2...
> This one needs to be written from scratch I guess.
> >     * Qamoose integration
> if I understood, Qamoose is just a web interface to a dict server. So it needs
> to be ported as Drupal module, right?
> [...]
> > The final product will serve as a proof of concept of a bilingual
> > bidirectional website.
> there are also todos.  are they ok to just port or should another field be
> added? what about a list of highest priority todos?
> And what else should be ported?

Hi,

I was working on that a few months ago (http://arabeyes.foolab.org/) but it's broken and incomplete.
I was a bit busy then decided to wait for Drupal 6 because it should be more i18n friendly.

The problem is it seems no one knows exactly what's needed from the website.

Re. Qamoose, This can be a simple drupal module. I'm not really worried about that.

Interested in joining ?

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.