Subversion -- what I intended to send after setting the whole SVN up.

All the packages needed to do SVN were already installed on sina (I
don't know who installed them):

* subversion
* libapache2-svn

Repositories are in /var/lib/svn.

Authentication is handled by Apache2 through HTTPS (to have encrypted
password communications, unlike CVS' pserver). Thus we are using
dav_svn.

Creation of a repository
========================

To create a repository

 # svnadmin create /var/lib/svn/repo
 # chown -R www-data:www-data /var/lib/svn/repo

Then repositories are available on
https://svn.arabeyes.org/svn/repo
or on
file:///var/lib/svn/repo

Access lists
============

Files you need to look at are:

/etc/apache2/svn/dav_svn.passwd
-------------------------------

Easy syntax:
login:$[hash]

These were imported from CVSROOT/passwd

/etc/apache2/svn/dav_svn.authz
------------------------------

Here, we have two blocks:

1/ [groups] are defined like this 'group1 = user1, user2, user3'

Example:

[groups]
admin = alarfaj, elzubeir, nadim, msameer, adn
itl = thamer, nadim, adn, twaijry, djihed, kitouni

2/ permissions are then defined by repository, directory and
subdirectory (groups are referred by a '@' and users without, anonymous
is referred by '*')

Example:

[ae_admin:/]
@admin = rw
[projects:/]
* = r
[projects:/itl]
@itl = rw

Web browsing of repositories
have asked for it. Wait and see.

Tweaks (I was working on that when I reverted to CVS)
======

- I've updated documentation
    --> a new SVN HOWTO is available.
    --> other documentation on http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/