Re: Spoofed email

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Saturday 08 May 2004 13:55, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> > Your idea is the Right Way (tm) for the problem we are facing. But it
> > seems that Mohammed Sameer is the only opposition to this. I expect him
> > to give us better technical reasons that he does that. Using GPG is an
> > improvement, of course.
>
> So this reverse DNS thing should not be a stopper

I don't think reverse DNS is a realistic option.  Up until a few months
back (until we moved to our current machine/hosting facility) arabeyes
would not resolve on a reverse DNS query and I'm guessing alot of our
members' emails would simply not be accepted.  I don't believe
this is a path we should pursue (M.Sameer is not a unique person in
this - he simply spoke up because he knows what it means :-).  I do
think that we need to put the right brakes on postfix to never accept
incoming mail with @arabeyes.org on it both on the envelope (already
happening) and on the From: header (this is the part that needs to be
added).  The postfix docs note how to minimal header parsing, I'm just
too dense to know how to do it - see previous post on this topic from
me with the appropriate URL to read.