Re: Spoofed email

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Salam,
> I actually stopped some time from admininstrating mail servers, but I
> will try helping.
> Probably I will join IRC later in the day. Till then I will try to
> understand what is the situation.
> I will probably try a couple of tricks on the server, so some spam will
> result.
>
> Any spoofed email that I send will contain the words 'karouri' and
> 'invalid' somewhere in the e-mail. I will try to include at least one of
> them in the sender. Note that e-mails from this e-mail at yahoo co uk is
> not spoofed (at least not by me).
>
> This will be only for today, and I will not try it on any mailing list
> except admin. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I highly suggest you subscribe to a hidden mailing-list called 'test'
that is used for exactly these kinds of purposes.  Simply follow the
same procedure as you would if you were to subscribe to general and
then simply replace the word 'general' in the URL with 'test' - this
should minimize the noise others will see and certainly cut down on
the confussion.