Re: DailyBackup

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> The backup from SINA to RAZI is hapening but i need more info. Please
> let me know what specific files you need so we can start backing them up.
>
> Currently, I have all of /home/arabeyes with the exception of work. I do
> realize that /etc has some items that need back. Are there any other
> dirs i need to know about ?

Anmar, I would say the following four area _must_ be covered
(they are in essence what constitute Arabeyes - ie. in case
of a meltdown, "what do we need to rebuild to go live ?"),

 1. CVS repositories
    - /home/arabeyes/cvs/*
    - /home/arabeyes/localcvs/*
 2. Mailing-list raw files
    - /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/*.mbox/*
 3. MySQL databases
    - Not sure how you dump the mysql tables, but there is a command
 4. The Arabeyes home-dir (including the logs)
    - exclude /home/arabeyes/htdocs/lists/*
 5. Various sensitive info (/etc/passwd, /etc/group, etc)

 I'm sure there are other things..  Anyone ?

NOTE: all the setup files should already be in the repository
      (if they aren't then they need to be); any file we touch that
      is not a .deb native we should check-in.

It would also be wise to backup all users' home-dirs at least once
a week or so just in case (people can give you their exclude lists
(if any)).

Hope that helps & Salam.