Re: OT: Wiki issues

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 02:54 +0300, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj wrote:
> I'm making a very wild guess and saying this thread belongs in
> admin... hope I'm not mistake. :-)

Ah... I'm almost sure you're not ;)

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:20:31 +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir
> <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> [...]
> > In either case, I have locked down the entire wiki so no one can write
> > to it (no one), until this is sorted out. We've been doing fine without
> > this crap for a long time, wonder what brought us to their attention :(
>
> Is there any specific reason why we can't require an admin's approval
> before granting a wiki account? (It'll be just like CVS accounts...)
>
> It won't require that much upkeep. How many wiki account requests are
> we likely to recieve in one week after all? (I'm guessing 5 tops, and
> in either case its still less work than cleaning up this spam mess :-)

MoinMoin's wiki is too simple that all these things are not done in a
way that makes it easy to setup. Ie. any similar type of setup requires
working around its limitations (possible but messy). What I am working
on is a wiki that would be integrated with the website
(*hint*plone*hint*) ;)

While many may suggest different wiki alternatives, I am not going to go
through the hell of migration without considering how we are going to be
migrating to something else for our website at the same time.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|