Web Todos

You wanted them ? Here they come. Good Luck ;)

There are 3 main todos.

1/ Look & Feel

- Every column should be sortable in people.php.
- Banner chnges with season: Ramadhan, Aid, Summer, etc ?
- Track and fix all the dead links. There is maybe some
 automatic tools that can do that everyday by a cronjob or something.
- If a user does not exist there should be a message to tell that to the
 visitor (rather than having 10 mysql errors). Same with all mysql stuff.
- Make a link to the 'About' page for the 'How can I help ?' page.
- The registration form should indicate what are exaclty the required fields
 and why do require these info. If a required field is not field, the
 visitors gets the from with the missing field in red.
 Also, change 'Technical Writer' to 'Translator/Technical Writer'
- Add a task list for development, public relations and artists. Like
 proj_trans.php.
- Is it possible to remeber the orginal page ?
 If I update the docs of the 'About' page, I should be led to
 about.php and not docs.php for ex.
- Justify texts (use <div align="justify"> ?).
- All logos and user pictures should be squarish and at least 100x100.
 In the code we should fix their width to 100x100 so they are homogenized.
- Dates over the website should have the same format. Times shoul be in UTC.
- Make a thankyou.php page.
- In project.php, view projects by catgeory rather than make all
 the projects in one page.
- Logos must have transparent background.
- Link to register.php from help.php.
- Registration with a todo
 A vistor clicks on an uassigned todo and
 registers for the project and the todo
- Add stats print.
- Add a poll system (to vote for ACE for example).
- Bugs 17-18 Add arabic pages
 (gettext must be implemented all over the website and
 PO files must be generated.)
- Display project updates from las months if the project updates
 of this month are not many (less than three for example) ?
- A connected user should be able to see who is connected on the
 site at the same time, and the visitors etc ??

Todos
_____
- Proj-admins and core-ites should be able to set the rights for the
 contributors in their projects: ability to add/modify/delete todos or not,
 etc etc
- If the proj-admin or a core-ite is on project.php they should be able to
 see all the todos for that project, even the 'not public' ones.
- Core-ite should be able to add/update/remove todos from any project.
 Except the private ones.
- Display each user's todos in his page. Maybe even his private todos
 if he decides they are public.
- Set preferences for todos in todos.php: sorting, colors, merging in one
 table etc.
- When viewing a todo, we should have a 'Next' button to view the next todo.
- Add a trash table, to view all deleted todos and to have the ability to
 expunge.
- When viewing a todo, there should be the same color scheme as when viewing
 todos.php.
- Implement in todos the function that gives a color in a range (already
 written for the donations progress bar).
- Make tabs when viewing all the projects todos.
- No need to view empty projects.

Admin
_____
- Core-ites should be able to see all users in people.php, even those
 with zero commits.
- There should be a function that permits for core-ites to email separately:
 - Projects Admins
 - All project contributors
 - Translators
 - Developers
 - All contributors (seprate also active from inactive).
 - etc etc etc
- When editing a user/project, we should be able to see non editable info
 too: Last Login, last modified ans so on.

Projects
________
- If a project is hidden, it should not be seen in its contributors page.
 Also, if a non-core-ite requires it, they should see some 'You are not
 correctly logged in' page.

2/ Admin

- Make a system so that project maintainers can easily add screenshots
 (physically).
- Clean the downloadable files and make sure everything is on sf.net
 system.
- Add a system to upload files. So when a core-ite adds a doc/press
 /release/etc, everything can be done from the web interface.
- We should be able to post news with an image ?.
- We have to upload all press articles on our server !!!! [in pdf ?]
 (Same for resources: unicode, microsoft etc).
- We have to tidy everything under download/ (documents/about, 3rd, press,
 files etc) and dump the irrelevant items.
- Description must be added to those press artciles in about.php page
 (same for docs and resources ?).
- Some related sites have to be removed. Other must be added ?

3/ Code & Mysql

- The links and email addresses all over the files should be centralized
 in arabeyes.php.
- Add a function DisplayPageError() that calls DisplayPage() but displays
 at the top of the page an error message in red and the rest in normal
 colors (useful for the registration process).
- ACE should be in mysql ?
- In resources.php, let 'type' become 'category'. Visually and in  mysql.
- Use the EditUser() function to: register users, preferences, add
 and edit.
 If not possible, there should be a miximum of two functions.
- Some tables in mysql should renames/reorganized.
- Add a category and a description to related sites.
- Test the db connection. If no connection then print 'site down
 for maintainance' or something.
- CVS pass must be set automatically on registration and everytime the
 web password is changed. The cvs_pass entry in the db must be removed.
- Wrap user typed HTML so does not break the code: user pages, cvs
 logs etc.
- Usernames must not have non alphanumeric chars in them, like '-' or '_'.
 Passwords must be at least 8 chars and must be REAL passwords, no
 'aaaaaaaa' for example.
- Core-ites should be able to set new usernames, but there should be a
 check if the username already exists. It would be very dangerous
 to have two users having the same username.
- Find a way to make PHPSSID invisible in links.
- Merge kogout.php into index.php ?
- There should be a way to decide who the www admins are
 (from a mysql table, linked withe the user table).
 Same for the core team.
 Same for the user type: a user can be developer/translator/artist etc
 all at once. So his/her type should be defined in a table rather than
 a column in the user table.

Découvrez les nouvelles émoticônes animées de http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 MSN Messenger nouvelle formule