Re: Arabizing Arabeyes website (Todo)

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:54:36PM -0600, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
> Salam all,
>
> I shoulda replied sooner to this but have been fighting off a cold.

Well, get well soon ;) PHP and colds don't get along very well ;)

> I would like to suggest that you create an arabic directory that mirrors
> the english files with arabic functionality. Let's call this directory ar/

I'm not sure that is entirely necessary.. but hey, I will leave this to
the people in charge.

> For now I think this is the most important task so the translation
> effort can begin.
>
> >3- Improve the php files to support multi-languages [00%]
>
> Existing php files don't exactly need to support multi-languages. The
> new arabic php files would. My reasoning for splitting the site in two
> is that at some point we might not want an exact replica.

I doubt we will want anything other than an exact replica. The last
thing we want is to end up with 2 different sites (content) in different
languages. That just sounds like a horrible nightmare to maintain.

> If you don't mind, please keep me in the loop on this.

You are in the loop -- you're just too lazy <hint, hint> Ahmed and I
spoke at Gitex about Arabizing the site and I told him that you were in
charge (so all work would be coordinated with you). I also told him that
we have had a huge task list and you are very very slowly working your
way through them <evil grin>

Now, get on with it ;)

Regards