Re: [general] Tests wanted for arabic spellchecker under firefox3 and openoffice3

Salam,

Khaled Hosny a écrit :

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 01:36:45AM +0100, Mohamed kebdani wrote:
Salam,

Here are some addons of Arabic spell checking for Firefox 3 and Openoffice.org 3 too; I suppose they will work as well under Windows, as Gnu-Linux (as Mc OS?); Please test them et give me feed back before proposition to OOo and Mozilla projects.

Firefox 3:
http://ayaspell.sourceforge.net/temp/arabic_spellchecking_dictionary-2.1.20080110-fx+tb+sm.xpi

OpenOffice.org 3:
http://ayaspell.sourceforge.net/temp/dictionaries-ar-1.0.1_20080110.oxt

I tested the firefox extension and it was working smoothly (I tested it
even before it was released), FF3 with system's hunspell and
dictionary (under linux) are fine too. But I didn't try OOo 3 yet.
Thank you Khalid,

I receive good feed-backs for xpi addon but with OOo3, I have some
problems to build oxt extension to use with all arabic locales:

Here's my message to OOo Lingu-dev mailing list:

Multiple locales between value don't give spell checking for all of them
but only for the fist one writed.

Example If we have in dictionaries.xcu:

<value>ar-EG ar-LB ar-SA ar-TN</value>

spellchecker work for Arabic Egypt and not for Arabic Lebanon etc and if
we have:

<value>ar-LB ar-EG  ar-SA ar-TN</value>

that works for arabic Lebanon and not for the others. I noticed the
same result with french spellchecking dictionary.

I do this tests using dictionaries-ar-1.0.1.oxt &
dictionnaire-fr-classique.2.3.1.oxt:

French spellchecker:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/files/758/0/dictionnaire-fr-classique.2.3.1.oxt

Arabic spellchecker: