Technical Computing Dictionary

You wrote:

> Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:11:13 +0100
> From: Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com>
> Subject: LaTex experts?
> To: general at arabeyes dot org
>
> Hello,
>
> As you have seen, I have some scripts that convert our dictionary
> entries in the wiki to a .pdf that is suitable for printing. See
> the .pdf here:
> http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Download_technical_dictionary

This looks very nice, but I have some suggestions as to the format.
Please contact me by private EMail, and let me see the script that
builds the LaTeX file. I consider myself a TeX (and LaTeX) expert,
and I am able to read Perl.

> The tex source is available here:
> http://arabeyes.org/~djihed/techdict.tex

It compiles perfectly here. Which version of ArabTeX did you use?
The black blobs on page 'A' come from illegal input to ArabTeX :-(
Which was the original Arabic encoding before running the script?

> As you can see it is somewhat ugly, it makes use of Arabtex (i can give
> that up if needed). I'd like to see some help in designing a compact tex
> format for the dictionary.

What about a two column format?

> Any help is greatly appreciated. Pointers and "look at this" advice is
> also welcome.
>
> Djihed

I am willing to help (and also to fix ArabTeX whenever necessary :-).
The latter might take some time: I am usually far from office, after
retirement, and possibly busy; but this is a long time project, and
worth the effort :-)

Klaus (aka Mr ArabTeX :-)
--
Prof. Dr. Klaus Lagally  | mailto:lagally at informatik dot uni-stuttgart dot de
Institut fuer Formale    | http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ ...