Re: Quran font release

Nicholas,
I did not intended to create the font for windows, but I created the
font under windows. Under Linux, most features should work as per
windows counterpart except for few things. Last time I tried, there
seems to be some problem with placing the mark correctly under Linux.
It works OK under windows. Nobody seems to figure out why. Maybe it
has been fixed with the latest release, but I did not tried it yet.

If you want to try under XP, the best is to try it using Notepad. You
must enable uniscribe (setting under Regional Setting). If you use
wordpad, I think it uses gdiplus, so the results will vary slightly.

Seems like a lot of people came back and ask me about how to create a
keyboard for the font. I think there are other resources out there.
Anyway, seems there are a number of request, maybe I'll post a
tutorial someday ..

Regards.