Re: License Islamic Holy material

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. So please contradict me if I am wrong.

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> When the Quran is in the public domain, and someone with a bad intent
> deicdes to modify it, and redistribute it. Are we in a position to
> legally go after him?? (If we are, then problem solved!)

Why would we do so? What we can do is inform users of the redistributed
version that it is wrong. Imagine the same with a paper version of the
Quran. What would you do? Sue the editor? That would not work, I think.

You can only warn users.

> As per my understanding, public domain material, put absolutely no
> legal restriction on the material's use by individiuals! Please educate
> me guys if I am mistaken.

Public domain is the property of nobody, id est the property of everybody.

--
adn
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette