Question about small noon

Dear all,

I have a question about the small noon, ie unicode 6E8 . Unicode
define it as a mark. My question is, how is this being used? Is there
any other use it it besides Qurnic Mushaf?

In Madinah Mushaf, there is only one occurance of it. However, in
Indian/Pakistan traditon, it is not being used the same way. However,
what they have is a  small noon, isolated, to represent the missing
noon in pronunciation (the tajweed rule, tanween followed by a
sukun/shadda). How about in other tradition?

I'm asking this because I'm thinking of using it for different purpose
in encoding, which might be usefull.

One more thing, last time I post about my font. No one have a bug
report/comments/feature request?

Regards.