Re: New Font file release.

Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:

Assalamualaikum,
I'm proud to annouce that I've release a new font file based on
KACST_QURN. The font have the following features:

1. Support almost 100% marking system used by Madinah Mushaf. However,
since there are a few symbols which are not supported directly by
unicode, some workaround is required to make it right. I'll try to
post on this later.

2. Most arabic (Quranic) glyph has been optimised for display at the
infamous 12pt. Of course, there is a need for some improvement, which
feedback from others are welcome. Most latin face also are OK at 12
pt.

3. The font are aimed to be 100% Unicode 4.1 compliant. Most of the
glyph are there, but there are a few more glyph is missing. This
mostly because of my lack of knowledge in those languages. Again, I
need feedback from others to make this complete.

4. The only ligatures available are lam alefs family. At the moment
there is no plan to add more, mainly because it will make it more
complicated for viewing at 12 pt. If there are enough support and
demand, I might add this later.

So, here's the link and enjoy. Try it out and give me feedback on how
to improve it.

http://perso.menara.ma/yollnet/tmp/fonts/mry_KacstQurn.ttf

Thank you to Mr Youssef Chahibi (I'm very sorry if I misplelled your
name, I can't remember at this moment) for providing the space for the
font.

Regards.