Re: Summarized Unicode yeh problem & modular X keyboard hack guide

On Friday 04 August 2006 12:22, Oibane wrote:
> Hi.
>
> 1. Unicode yeh prob
> I've summarized the Unicode yeh problem, based on the discussion
> done here about half a year ago.
> Small alif matter etc. is not included due to lack of my knowledge.
> If you're interested, see:
> http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~oibane/aonl/en/uni-prob.htm
>
> Oh, the new Unicode version 5.0.0 is out from this July, but I don't have
> any information on changes in Arabic block.
>
> 2. Modular X keyboard. (for those who hack)
> Keyboard configuration of modular X (Xorg 7.0 and later. I don't know
> the corresponding XFree86 version No.) has changed a bit.
> If you use it "normally", then it is quite likely that the migration
> is smooth, but if you customize your keyboard,
> then some effort may be necessary.
> You can find some info at:
> http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~oibane/aonl/en/keyboard.htm
>
> Good night.
>
> "Oibane"
It would be really good to fix the Arabic keymap, at least the ﻻ and the
position of ِ  and ٍ  that are different from Windows. It would be also good to
make two other groups so that with AltGr  and AltGr + Shift we can type
persian letters and extra characters like the "dagger" alif and alif al wasl.