Re: Arabicizing Windows and Word

--- "al-Husein N. Madhany" <dr_madhany at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I thought to share with you and the Arabeyes.org community my article
> on multilingual computing in Arabic.

Thanks.  Keep in mind that Arabeyes.org is an open source Linux/Unix
project (far removed from windows :-)

> My article teaches students of the Arabic language how to fully
> arabicize their PCs. I think you and your community will find it useful,
> insha'Allah, as it has been published in a few academic journals already.
>
> Should you wish to add it to your web site here,
> http://www.arabeyes.org/resources.php I would be honored.

I think it is a bit removed from our core function, but we'll gladly make
mention of it on our most popular mailing-list ('general' [1]) given you
continue to host the html and pdf files as noted below.

> Older versions of my article are currently hosted on two web sites in
> HMTL and PDF:
>
> http://www.uga.edu/islam/arabic_windows.html
> http://www.nclrc.org/inst-arabic3.pdf

Do please keep these links active (the PDF is already gone) and feel free
to update us whenever they get a new home or URL.

> Both of these sites will be updating their content to reflect the newest
> version of my paper in August, so you may simply want to link to one of
> these sites.

If you develop an interest in Linux and/or open source do please look us
up again - we can certainly use your enthusiasm and assistance (in any and
all capacities).