Re: Tanween variants and Unicode : Question about code 0658

Hello again Meor,

From: Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya <meor dot ridzuan at gmail dot com>
>Previously, I thought of using this code to indicate the
>sequential/assimilated tanween (seems the most logical choice), but
>however it does have problems when trying to implement it under
>windows.

The best codepoint to use out of the codepoints currently available in Unicode for sequential/assimilated tanween is U+06DF Arabic Small High Rounded Zero. U+06DF silences consonants such as the alef at the end of the word qaloo. It makes the most sense to use this codepoint out of the codepoints in the Unicode Arabic block. Noon ghunna is not a good choice for this task. Please use U+06DF Arabic Small High Rounded Zero. Please let me know if you confirm that U+06DF Arabic Small High Rounded Zero is the best choice among the codepoints currently available in the Unicode Arabic codeblock.

Thank you,
Mete

--
Mete Kural