Re: Guidance required

--- Malik Jahan Khan <malik dot jahan at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I want to plug in Urdu / Arabic support in Windows at application
> level, and afterwards I want to do the same in Linux at application
> level as well as system level. I don't know the basics. Kindly help me
> to start my work by suggesting references, tutorials or any other
> resource you think suitable for me.

This is an extremely broad and vague question, but you can start looking
into using a single library (like wxwidgets) that would function under
both windows and linux (among others) [1] .  I'm not too familiar with
wxwidgets with regard to its Arabic support (anyone know ?), but the
point is if you are looking to develop an application for multiple
platforms do it once instead of continuously porting.

Hope that kinda helps :-)

[1] http://www.wxwidgets.org