Re: Debian Installer (mini) Update

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
[...]
> Very cool (and thanks) !

My pleasure :-)

> A couple of minor comments,
>
>  1. I've seen Arabic translated as "Al-Arabiya" and as "Arabi", are we
>     being consistent within Arabeyes and with what is normal outside of
>     it (note wikipedia.org for instance).

If you're referring to http://art.arabeyes.org/debian/1_G actually I've just
noticed it's not Al-Arabiya which we already use. I'll try to fix it in our
CVS.

>  2. This is a more fundamental question of alignment, is there talk or
>     is anyone (within debian I'm guessing) looking at right-justifying
>     Right-to-Left (RTL) text ?

I remember there was some discussion and it was decided that it will be fixed
in later releases IIRC.

>  3. It looks like tanween/diacritic characters are still not handled
>     properly (the fatha, shadda, etc -- U+064B - U+0655 among others)

Same for this.

> Salam and keep up the wonderful work !

Mandrake to follow.. You think I should upload those[1] screenshots too?>

- Ossama

1. http://www.al-daleel.org/images/