Re: Volunteers, Unicode, previous examples and things

Dear Abdallah,
Just curious, when you say you are not going to wait, what are you
planning to do? Would you mind let us know?
Initially, I was waiting for the quran project to be completed too.
Until late last year, I was in discussion with the project maintainer,
Mr Yousif. We discuss the problems he was facing, and seems that the
project is not progressing much. That was the time when I decided I
would like to do something about it, and it was not programming an
application!
First, I get involve in some font developement, and at the same time I
created the Quran file. After a few months of trying and searching, I
finally know what to do exactly to develop a complete font to display
the quran. Later, I run into the problems of encoding the quran.  I
decided to develop my own approach, with the priority of visual
correctness, and also correct representation of the words. Thus, the
results, as I posted last time. Now, I have completed to quran text
with the exact visual representation of the Madinah Mushaf. That is
what needed to be proofread. I think it is complete, with minor
correction needed.
As for searching, and correct word representation, I think current
state of  standards and technologies still need to be develop. That is
what is going on in this forum.
What I would like to achieve is to index the word of the quran , with
their root words. This has been done, but only part of it available in
digital format. Hope we can finish this soon.

Regards.