Re: Volunteers for verifying the quran data

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Gregg Reynolds wrote:

Even then, Arabic script does not fully cover the Arabic language from a
linguistic perspective. A (or maybe /the/) striking example is the inserted
vowel between the /n/ of tanween and any initial cluster of consonants,
e.g., /muHammadu-ni r-rasuulu/: it has no orthographic expression (I found
it described as kasra, bound to a small nuun in an Ottoman handbook, but I
never attested it in a manuscript).

(I think you mean /muHammadu-nu r-rasuulu/ ;)

According to Wright's Grammar, Vol. I, p. 22, /muHammadu-ni r-rasuulu/ is correct.

Nicholas