arabtex with bibtex-database

Hello all,

Does anybody of you use arabtex in a bibtex database? I'd like
to make quotations with an author in arabic transcription in
my thesis. Best I'd like to use that database with "jurabib"
or "natbib" bibliography style. But when I use arabtex-commands in the author-field
of the bibtex-database, I get error messages like

(ArabTeX) version 3.11m1 (10.03.2005): second phase of patching))
! Incomplete \iffalse; all text was ignored after line 28.
<inserted text>
                \fi

with jurabib or

@item doesn't match it's definition

with natbib. When I use \nocite instead of \cite everything passes through correctly
(but I have no quotations in the text, only the bibliography). Any suggestions,
other arabtex-bibtex-examples...
Thanks in advance,

Gregor Hyneck