[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dictionary arabic/french/english/german
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Dictionary arabic/french/english/german
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:34:36 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=klg5EFKfD9A7tOZsRmbwwUXJSCdhUiAS9BMrFa1IENvi1mCeNo8HRYOEPM0F8dDT+swJM2QAhsklDEbgL5EIpI45KJ7OyOmQniF/+zQaMFDy72zg+4Yq6Vu9BtjUyqXyK2CbZOA0oUmarypvPPxBEJpuswkzUb7MQu2oKbcQHwg= ;
--- "Haisam K. Ido" <haisam at ido dot org> wrote:
> checkout http://www.dict.cc for a community based english<->german
> dictionary. Perhaps something similar can be setup for arabic.
Something already has (note _past_ tense :-). Although it is not
as nice looking (didn't I say I hate html and am no good at it :-)
as the site you note above, but it works and works well - it is called
QaMoose . The QaMoose/Wordlist project is in need of someone to
look over the suggestions for processing, etc so feel free to volunteer
(its 15 minutes a day type of a task). The wordlist has also been
stalled for the past 6+ months and is very much in need of a cheerleader
and a maintainer !
Do note that any language that is translated to english could be ported
to include an arabic equivalent. In other words if there is a chinese
to english dictionary, then with some scripting we can easily have a chinese
to arabic list, et al.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.