Re: first contact

Salam Hamed,

First I suggest posting only to general at arabeyes dot org for now, once you
decide what kind of project you want to work in, you can post to its
mailing list.

On 6/4/05, hamed <hamed_fcs at hotpop dot com> wrote:
> which the localization based ???

Localization doesn't involve any programming, you just translate
strings from English to Arabic, like translating the interface of of
OpenOffice apps, strings are stored in files called .po's, and are
edited with a program called KBabel, more info on translating here:
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/guide/translator-guide-ar/

> I'm not aprogrammer "but try to be"
> my main experience is in hardware & networking
> I enjoy assembly & machein architect ... & I have some knowledge in c&c++
> I donn't have any knowledge in web programming&PHP
> [...]
> but have good knoledge about TCP-IP&internet archetect

Hmm, I don't think that we have Assembly or networking projects here
at Arabeyes, but we have many C/C++ projects, you can find a list of
the available projects here (scroll down to "Software Development
Projects"):
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php

Source code for the development projects is available here:
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/

If you're interest in working in a development (programming) project,
check out the project page and the source, and see what project looks
interesting.

-Ayman