[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Volunteers for verifying the quran data
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Volunteers for verifying the quran data
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mH/Q/jvECffXTdV+5lCEkD4ypv7T4ttiK2X6k96u4d/gagq84advjExlooKzunuPHTKltrh3zoudJAiob7S6N0Q3XHFCFxmNok7olY1t0w+tsOcCzxcZyAA3PPIH33YSkK6pAyn9F+vHDDk7tYLbO6vCYx6ZaX04XtPIAWKQhX8= ;
--- Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya <meor dot ridzuan at gmail dot com> wrote:
> As for PDF, the problem is the communication between me and the site
> provider, Mr Thariq. He's in Pakistan, and I'm in Malaysia. As we
> know, internet link to Pakistan still have problems, thus I can't
> update the site. (I don't have admin access yet) I will upload the PDF
> asap. If you want me to mail it to you, let me know , then you can
> upload it to arabeyes CVS.
Meor, send me (in-private) the PDFs -- I'm assuming there will be one per
sura. We can then upload the tarball to sf.net for people to download
for proof reading and verification.
> 2. The encoding approach. I choose it because that is the easiest way
> so that I can implement the font which will work on most platform,
> that is MS Windows and Linux. For example, the fathatan + small low
> meem to indicate the sequential fathatan. Why small low meem? well,
> I've tried so many combination, and that turn's out to work the best.
Why not give the sequential fathatan, for instance, its own code point ?
Why opt for a GSUB entry for it ? I'd much rather see separate code
points for the few missing characters that are required to render the
Quran - this would also allow the rendering of the Quran in applications
that don't depend on font technology. I'm guessing you have half a
dozen or so characters to coup with, right ?
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page