Re: help to use arabtex

Klaus Lagally wrote:

scripsit belahcene:

dear sir,

Sorry to disturb you again, but I think there are bugs in 3.11 release ( I speak about arabtex and not lyx).
I send to you ( attached file ) an example ( guha.tgz ), I add itemize and enumerate to the famous guha file, the 3.10 release compiles correctly the file but not the 3.11.
the tarball contains a good output with 3.10 ( the anouncement 3.10) and a wrong file ( compiled with 3.11, announment 311).
I ve searched In the newest document ( arabdoc : march 2004) but not found a list of accepted command in arabtex.
I would like to get a small example even smaller than guha, with different commande ( like item, subsection, Large, bold ....) to see the possibility of arabtex.

Thank you very much best regards abdelkader

I want to use arabtex thru lyx (a nice front end for latex which support dierctly the arabic characters),
I want know, if you have some time to send an example of arabart ( or arabrep) with different supported type like section, ... ( for example I know that title is not supported, neither abstract ...)
I want to use for scientific arabic writing instead of openoffice.

thank you very much
best regards
abdelkader belahcene

hi, as I noticed, you already asked for help on the 'general' list, and this is exactly the place to go for help in your case. Someone on that list (I forgot who it was) got ArabTeX and LyX running together. I cannot test this myself: I do not run Linux presently, so I have no access to LyX.

Good luck!

KL