Link to www.unifiedarabicalphabet.com?

Hi all,

I think it is an excellent idea for this project to have a global view of
the already-proposed simplifications/improvements to the "standard" arabic
script. This is an implementation-independent issue which will always be
useful.

This project ( www.unifiedarabicalphabet.com ) clearly lies in this
setting. I am **very** interested by having more info on this.

I just wanted to mention an excellent review of some of these
simplifications made some time ago by Mr. Yannis Haralambous which
contains a historical introduction and a technical/typographical study.

See his web page http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/, the specific article is :

# ?Simplification of the Arabic Script: Two Different Approaches and their
# Implementations?, dans Electronic Publishing, Artistic Imaging, and
# Digital Typography, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1375,
# 1998, pp. 138-156.

downloadable on the same page : http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/pdf/arabic-simpli98.pdf

Lemine Abdallahi,