Re: again with lyx/latex

Alberto Corbi Bellot wrote:
When is gonna Lyx work with a "standard" Arabic Keyboard layout?

I can't get used to its own layout... I'd rather use the same layout I
use within gnome or Openoffice....

I'm sorry guys I might be a bit out of information here as I'm a totally n00b in LyX and TeX in general.
First of all, I can't see that LyX supports UTF-8 as screen font encoding or even for the output file! Doesn't LyX support that natively?
I have read on different web sites including the Arabic LyX HowTo on the documentation page about ArabTex, now is it required to have it in order for me to write documents/books or whatsoever in Arabic?
Unfortunately that PDF document is using a quite old version of LyX and I didn't really get what is required! Can someone lighten me up please?

--

Sincerely,
Yousef Raffa