Re: Arabic Desktop font choice

Salam, peace, Heiwa,

Ok took a look at the fonts we have, I made these two simple tests:

Select a font set it to 8, 10, 12 and look what happens. If it renders
correctly then it's a candidate for the next test.

Second test, select the font at 10 pts and set it as a the desktop
font and look if it fits into the overall UI: not intrusive to the
eyes, as neutral as possible, not arty, still nice to look at and
"Arabic" (for calligraphers, they know what I mean ;)

Ok here are the candidates:

Sharjah (does this mean sharikah?)
Mohannad
Alarabiya

My favourites which did not made it to the list:

Ouhod rules, but only a bold version :/ But personally I think Ouhod
would be THE dekstop font whe always needed if there only was a
regular version of it. cursive but not too arty, neutral to the UI,
not intrusive to the eyes, very well balanced etc...
Nice was good too but it looks very thin, too thin to not harm the
eyes when used extensively.

I hope this helped!

Arafat