Re: Arabeyes dead?

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:21:59 +0100, Arafat Medini <arafato at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Salam all,
>
> Aside from some time to time postings I didn't see any movement for
> many months, is the project dead or something?

Salam,

You could not be more wrong, my dear friend! :-)

Subscribe to the CVS mailing list (in digest form if you want to
reduce the noise) so you can really be in touch with whats going on in
the project.

Just to give you an idea, we:

1. Are anticipating the addition of Hijri calendar support to PHP
2. Started a new translation project (ActionApps)
3. Are in the stages of hosting an OCR (optical character recognition)
program here on Arabeyes, developed by Mr. Tarik Fdil whom I met in
Morocco
4. Are seeing lots of work on Mandrake translation being done by
Youcef and Ossama
5. Are seeing Youcef doing work on Bayani
6. Are anticipating porting the website to Plone, courtesy of Elzubeir's efforts
7. Should start seeing work on Thunderbird. Thank you Ayman!
.
.
.
The list really goes on and on! I did not include any links in the
hopes of forcing you to subscribe to more of our mailing lists ;-)

I should also note that all members should try to read the minutes and
agenda of core meetings as they are posted:

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/ae_admin/weekly_minutes
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/ae_admin/weekly_agenda

That also is a good way to keep up...

Salam and shame on you ;-)