Re: Questions about yeh, hamzah on yeh, alef maksura and dotless ba

Gregg,

You do have a point. Yet, the first one I looked at has no final dots
anywhere
(http://ddc.aub.edu.lb/projects/jafet/manuscripts/alsahifa/html/255l.html).
The second one is inconsistent
(http://ddc.aub.edu.lb/projects/jafet/manuscripts/taabeer-al-manam/html/005a
.html). I have images of mus'hafs that use points throughout on any final
yeh-curve, regardless the semantics, something I also noticed in the second
example (laylae with dots)

Anyway, regarding Qur'anic spelling, it would be nice if you could find a
manuscript that uses dots to distinguish betsween yeh and maqsura.

(http://www.hf.uio.no/ikos/studier/fag/arabisk/sibawayhi/HomePage/kitab.htm,