Re: speech recognition, speach syntheses

--- qetoom at gmail dot com wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has worked on speech recognition/syntheses systems
> for arabic, especially sphinx and festival.

Great question.  Google revealed a couple of very interesting and promising
articles [1] that should make for some interesting reading (feel free to
contact the authors with ideas, etc).  I do also believe that the Siragi [2]
project and its author/maintainer Tarik Fdil (he's reachable on Arabeyes'
"developer" list) had done some work on 'arabic speech synthesis'.

Do please pursue this topic and come back to educate us.

[1] http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=603502.603508
[2] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Siragi