Re: Arabic language flag representation?

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 05:24, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Lederer Guillaume <guillaume at claroline dot net> wrote:
> > We know have or more "cultural" problem to solve in which some
> > people of this list might help us here :
> >
> > Which flag (gif little image) could we use to represent the arabic
> > language in the best way? We saw the following discussion in KDE which
> > was critized by arabeyes :
> > http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/2002/May/msg00013.html
> >
> > then if anyone of you has a good suggestion for us, don't hesitate to
> > tell us.
>
> We've asked for this many many ties but unfortunately no one ever came
> through (we simply don't have any artists that are willing to help it
> seems).  In any regard, you can use the Arab League flag.  I've tried
> to create one (as all the ones I found on the web we rather badly done);
> not sure I succeeded in my endavour,
[...]

I'm also in favour of the Arab League flag as opposed to the Libyan flag (all
due respect).

Other approaches would be as Nadim mentioned a green background with the word
"Arabiya" written across it in Arabic, or, a while background with a green
crescent.

Abdulaziz,