Quran project status.

For the last few days I've been updating the quran xml
files and the font files. So far, I've completed for
sura 1 to 9, covering 1/3 of the quran.  The files
contains all of the marks thats included  in the
Madina mushaf. The file is with Ossama, and hope can
provide the link for the rest can download and test. I
include also the font files (modified from
arabeyes-qr) that's necessary to rendered it properly.
I tested it using notepad under windows XP, so maybe
others can test it under linux (I don't have the
latest gnome/pango to fully test the font's capability
under linux)

There are, some issues that still need to be resolved.

1. Sequantial tanween (fathatan, dammatan, kasratan).
Mr Yousif suggested by assigning it to code 0659, 065A
and 065B, which I did. The problem with it is the the
shaping behaviour of the character changed. I've tried
to my best to make it work, but several issues
remains, most notably for the ligature Lam alef. It
simply does not convert to the correct ligature. So
far, I've not find a solution to this, so maybe others
can help (you will notice this in the files with
Ossama).

2. Floating /medial hamza. Mr Yousif suggest to
modified the shaping behaviour of the char Hamza
(0621) to have a medial shaping, but I find it
difficult to implement it correctly under windows
(tried it with arabeyes-qr font, also does not work).
For most cases, it is OK, but the problem appear when
the needs for the ligature lam alef with floating
hamza. For now, I use 2 different code for the 2:
   a. Medial hamza (bi aa yaat) , I encode it with
tatweel and high hamza (0654)
   b. For lam alef with floating hamzah (li aa yaat),
I use lam hamza alef
I know it is a bit incosistent but so far that the
best solution I can find to make it display correctly.
So, you wont see this problem in the above files. (of
course, I can change this to other code without a
problem)

3. Ligature lam alefwasla. It is not in the original
arabeyes-qr, but I've included in my modified font.
(eg sura 3 aya 167)

4. The small arabic small letters (alef, waw, yeh).
There are still a few issues regarding this, even
using  the arabeyes-qr font with the workaround. The
problem I found is the when the small alef medial is
followed by ligature lamalef. The small alef changes
to medial shaped correctly, but the lamalef ligature
does not take it's final form.

The xml files with Ossama currently is broken into one
sura per file. It does not, however contains the
searchtext, only qurantext. I'll work on the rest of
the sura for the next few weeks, and hope others can
proof read the files, keeping in mind the above issues
that I mention. I think it will be better if we can
index each word from the quran , mapping what is
written in the mushaf against how the word are being
spell in todays arabic. That whould be much better in
terms of searching capability of any software.

Hope we can proof read the files asap.

Regards.
Meor Ridzuan