Re: article: OpenOffice.org development boosted by Arab-Israeli collaboration?

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:47:03 +0100, Muhammad Alkarouri
<malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Salam,
>
> Here is the article you are waiting for...
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39163114,00.htm

Yeah, someone mentioned it last night, but I was hoping Ingrid would
mention it.

> I think there is a bit of spin here, but this is journalism..

Yup.

> Opinions?

While there has been cooperation between all those concerned with RTL
based scripts (I think the true origins of this began with FriBidi), I
don't recall any tangible coordination or 'working-together' with
Hebrew speakers as far as OpenOffice.org is concerned. This mainly due
to the fact that they are ahead of us in terms of use and development
of OOo.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|