Re: Article on native language project

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:06:21 +0100, Ingrid Marson
<ingrid dot marson at zdnet dot co dot uk> wrote:
> That's right - I'm interested in what the project has achieved so far,
> in  current technical issues you face and in what way development has
> been assisted by working together with the Hebrew language team.

We are not working together with the Hebrew language team. There is
very little for us to actually work together on (the same way the
Spanish and Portuguese teams don't necessarily need to work together).

Our efforts with OOo have mainly been with localization (and mostly
translations) and the occasional bug reporting. The most inconvenient
thing about OOo's localization is that they don't use the now de-facto
PO format and so switching back and forth from their format is proving
to be rather painful.

Aside from that, I personally don't have much else to say there. Ossama?

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir