sort of status report

Salam all,

I'll import shortly the gnu-tools's pos to the cvs server. The utopic
goal of having an arabic linux and the #true# goal of arabeyes will be
reached ;)
I'm working on a paper right now for the common terms po, it's mainly
based on nadims and abdulaziz's idea. And I am very much for a QAC
meeting to dicuss and approve that paper and to get more momentum in
there.
Last but not least I am looking at the whole economic developments in
the linux world, and it's very interesting to see where we'll head with
our translation work.
Really support unknown projects instead of Novells or redhats distros in
the long term? (we do support fedora I know but I am speaking about the
whole picutre) What about our tools and are they really suited for long
term developments (katoob libquran etc...) in the Linux world? Or is, at
the end, geekness more important then economy?

Also still not forgotten is my discussion with Nadim, I think we both
don't have time now but this has to be rediscussed again.

Hmm that's what I feel is in short my idea/goals for the coming period
Especially that with gnome really no more strategic work has to be done.

Arafat