Re: bidi looks bad (Re: writing mails in Arabic)

From: "ahmad khalifa" <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com>

From: Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org>

On my end I see the smiley properly, ie '(:' (mirrored) and it's on the left
side of the sentence. So I see it as I would have expected it to be.
Are you aligning the text on the right ?

nope, im hotmail and IE. cant do much about it. hmm, this _is_ a problem with IE, not the algorithm! ok, the algorithm is innocent on that one.

but xchat sucks !! it uses pango, right ?

you know what, im sorry. this issue needed more inspection from my side first. the algorithm seems to do its job, and the problem is probably implementation specific.

i apologize, as im sort of new to the linux world, and a
few things got mixed up together. i seem to have forgotten
a couple of things on the algorithm when i was working on
minibidi/putty, but cant remember them.

its most probably implementation-specific !!
like xchat treating all lines as odd-leveled (i.e being R or AL)
and that messes up the chats in english.

so forget it. :-))

ak.